Student Health Center
Parent/Guardian Consent Form
The Student Health Center was established to serve the physical, social and emotional needs of all Kindergarten through twelfth graders in Harbor Beach through a grant from the Michigan Department of Education and Michigan Department of Community Health. Services are provided at Harbor Beach Public School, Our Lady of Lake Huron Catholic School and Zion Lutheran School. These services include:
Trish VanNorman, Director & Health Educator ~ Monday & Tuesday's 8am-5:30pm
Andrea Cleland, LMSW, Mental Health Counselor ~ Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday 8am-4pm
Tally Hogue, RN, Wellness Nurse ~ Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday 7:45am-3:15pm
- Insurance Assistance: Assist families without insurance in filling out MIChild and Healthy Kids applications. The website to apply is https://healthcare4mi.com/michild-web/
- Health Screenings: Includes wellness screenings and sports physicals
- Educational Groups: Provide time for students to learn alternate ways to cope with situations they face. Topics include friendship skills, family changes, death and illness and tobacco cessation.
- Classroom Lessons: Increase students' skills and awareness in decision making, nutrition, physical activity, drug education and stress management.
- Individual Counseling: Provide students with individualized counseling on such topics as school and family concerns, personal feelings and difficulties with friends.
- Health Services: Provide students in ninth through twelfth grade with nursing services that include nursing assessments, care for minor injuries, treatment of mild discomfort due to headache, menstrual cramps, cold, etc., development of healthy goals, and monitoring of blood pressure, height and weight.